The Shops at Kenilworth - Towson

Mall's State
Address
800 Kenilworth Dr
Phone:
(410) 321-1909
City/County
Towson
Zipcode
21204
Year Opened
1979
Number Stores
30
Hours of Operation
Mon-Sat 10am-9pm; Sun 12pm-6pm
Mall Photograhy
The Shops at Kenilworth - Towson
Mall's Background

The Shops at Kenilworth is a mall in Towson, Maryland. It has more than 30 stores. The mall opened in 1979 as the Kenilworth Bazaar.[1] The original anchor stores were Stebbins Anderson and Hochschild Kohn's.

Other former tenants include an express location of the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration, which closed on September 23, 2005 in favor of a new location elsewhere in Baltimore County, anda location of European clothing retailer Ulla Popken, which opened in 2000 and has since closed.[

In 2008, the mall started to undergo a multimillion-dollar facelift. The mall managed to attract new tenants, despite a downturned economy that year.

In 2009, the mall celebrated its 30th anniversary, and stated that its retailers were doing well, despite the downturn in the economy.

In 2015, the new owners of the mall, Greenberg Gibbons, announced that they plan a massive renovation and expansion of the decades-old mall, including reconfiguration of the current retail space to give the mall street frontage on Kenilworth Drive. The expansion is planned on being completed by the summer of 2017.As part of the process, Stebbins Anderson has downsized to one floor, ultimately planning to occupy only the lower level of it former two-level space. Trader Joe's then plans to move its store from downtown Towson to the upper level in Spring 2017.